SwagBucks

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Remember Our Veterans!

I come from a rich heritage of veterans. My grandfather (Pop-Pop), my grandmother (Nonna), my dad, and my father-in-law all served our country.

Pop-Pop and Nonna both served in World War II in the Army and Army Nurse's Corps, respectively. They did not meet until after the war, but that common background is what started a conversation that has resulted in 4 children, 10 grandchildren, and 9 great-grandchildren.

My father-in-law served the US Navy for a few years which helped him get through college through the GI Bill.

My dad served the Marine Corps for 20 years before retiring and now works as a contractor for the Army.

Remember today on this Veteran's Day to thank a veteran for their service to our country. After all, freedom isn't free!

No comments: