SwagBucks

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Pill! Pill! Pill!

String Bean repeats words over and over when she's really excited or until you acknowledge what she's talking about. Today, I learned that she picked up a new word from somewhere. Whenever a new word comes out of her mouth, it is a bit of a guessing game to figure out. Well, not today.

I was in the kitchen heating up a bowl of homemade chili (cue drooling) when String Bean came racing in and grabbed the kitchen towel and screamed out and back into the living room where she'd been playing.

From the living room, I heard her yelling, "Pill! Pill! Pill!" Of course, it peaked my interest since "pill" is a word I'd never heard her say before. When I walked into the living room, I saw the surprise of my life. She was trying to wipe up the spill from her sippy cup leaking water on the couch. It was literally 3 drops, but she was eagerly trying to clean up the mess.

Immediately, I wondered where she'd learned the important life skill of cleaning up a spill right away. Certainly not from me!

A few minutes later, she took the towel back to the kitchen and hung it up herself. Wow. WOW!

No comments: