SwagBucks

Thursday, April 23, 2009

This Day in History

Today is William Shakespeare's 445th birthday. At least that's what historians think. No one is really sure. To celebrate, today has been dubbed "Talk Like Shakespeare Day" by Mayor Daley, mayor of Chicago.

If you're interested, you can send a tweet to @shakespearesays and it will be translated into Shakespearean English for you!

Here are some examples:

Today's English: Be careful, you might hurt yourself.
Shakespearean English: Tarry and beware, thou mayst thyself gravely wound.

Today's English:
I love you, but I'm not in love with you
Shakespearean English: Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? Thou art more lovely and more -- oo, shiny wrapper.

Today's English: I really need a vacation.
Shakespearean English:
Yea verily, a holiday needest I.

I never understood this stuff in high school or college. I'm really not going to try understanding it now!


No comments: