SwagBucks

Friday, January 9, 2009

Thumbs Up for Peanut

I just read an article in Parents magazine (February 2009 issue) about weird things toddlers do. I want to publicly affirm Amy that Peanut putting a green bean up his nose was a completely normal toddler thing to do. The human body is simply amazing and Peanut was just acknowledging that by exploring the innermost parts of is nose with that bean. So, instead of looking at it as a moment of embarrassment for mom and dad or another big doctor bill to pay, write it in Peanut's baby book as the day he discovered that God's creation was amazing.

My favorite quote from this article? "Toddlers tend to do weird things simply because they can." I think those toddler years are going to be fun with String Bean! Apparently I have fascination of nakedness to look forward to? This could get interesting...

2 comments:

Matt said...

Peanut has a baby book?

-Filbert

Unknown said...

"because they can" brings to mind the acrobatic toddler nursing session that we have every day! As long as she's not hurting me, I let her try whatever acrobatics she wants to!

Thankfully, no nakedness in this house...yet...