SwagBucks

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

How Many Days Ago?

I have chicken noodle soup that has been in the refrigerator for 3 days, a jar of baby food that has been in there for 2 days, and it has been 9 days since I last used my electric toothbrush.

I know precisely how long it has been with all of these things because I have this cool new product, the DaysAgo timer. It counts the days (or hours if you wish) that an item has been in the fridge. Kathleen Whitehurst, the inventor of DaysAgo, sent these along to me to try out. I am sure glad she did. No longer am I tossing out mystery food from the rear of my refridgerator!

The great thing about these timers is that you can track all sorts of things with them:
  • how long food has been in the refridgerator
  • how long that package of chips has been open
  • how long you've been wearing those disposable contact lenses
  • when you last administered pet flea medication
  • how long it has been since changing the kitty litter
  • how many days ago you did your last self-breast exam
  • which day of your menstral cycle it is when you're trying to (or not to) conceive
  • how many hours since you gave that last dose of medication (I could have used this after getting my wisdom teeth removed. I was so drugged up, I had no idea when I last took medications!)
  • how many hours breastmilk has been out or how many days it has been in the refridgerator (especially helpful during those early newborn days!)
The DaysAgo timers come in three styles: magnetic, band, and suction cup. The magnetic ones are great for jar lids. I hear people use the suction cup ones on bathroom mirrors to remind themselves of self-breast exams. The band ones can go around canisters or non-metal jars.

If only I had thought to put a DaysAgo timer on the milk yesterday when Mr. Bean left it out for several hours, I would have known whether it was salvagable or not. (We are betting on NOT salvagable.)

You can purchase the DaysAgo timers on their website, through Amazon.com,, and at a few other retailers in the US. This product has been featured on Oprah and HGTV. It has also earned the Good Housekeeping Good Buy award.

I imagine you could come up with hundreds of uses for this little gadget and I want to hear them! Leave your ideas for the use of these timers in the comments section!

4 comments:

Christy said...

You kiss your baby with that mouth? Nine days without using your toothbrush? YUCK mouth!

Mandie said...

I haven't brushed with my ELECTRIC toothbrush! I have a manual one that I use dutifully!

Anonymous said...

Today my husband (Grandnut G) cleaned out our regrigerator (bless him). It would have been very nice to have known how long some of that stuff had been in there. Of course, that which was unrecognizable was put down the disposal forthwith but some did not look to bad. Without info on how long it had been sitting it also went down the disposal. Alas, I should have had a timer.

Tara said...

What a cool gadget!!! Need that...badly!

Thanks for dropping by my blog and entering my giveaway!!!